ADSM-L

Re: Ejecting Offsite Tapes from 3494

1999-01-13 10:42:12
Subject: Re: Ejecting Offsite Tapes from 3494
From: "Toora, Kuli" <kulbinder.toora AT EXCHANGE.MEB.CO DOT UK>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 15:42:12 -0000
Do you use any type of tape management system to manage your tapes in the
3494?.
If you have, could they not be used to control the eject of the tape.
From what i understand about IBM 3494 and tape management systems,
expecially if the tape management system is fro IBM also and you use system
managed tape, the tape management system should be able to control the
movement of the tapes.

Thanks,

Kuli.

Kulbinder Toora
01384 296191 x3498
e-mail - Kulbinder.toora AT meb.co DOT uk
Midlands Electricity

This outgoing e-mail (and any attachments) has been checked
(using Dr Solomon's v7.91) at MEB (UK 01384 296191) before
despatch, and has been found to be clean from any virus infection.