ADSM-L

Server conversion from NT to AIX

1999-01-13 05:08:18
Subject: Server conversion from NT to AIX
From: "GSHEPPAR@CUUKMAIL" <guy_sheppard AT UK.CU DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 05:08:18 EST
To:         I1017261@IBMMAIL   IBMMAIL -I1017261 *ibmmail.I1017261
Dear All,

Hopefully, some quick questions.

We maybe converting our ADSM NT server to an ADSM AIX platform, and then our
STK9730 to MagStar 3575: Clients are all AIX.

1) Can I simply restore the ADSM database backup from the NT server to the new
AIX ADSM server?

2) Will all the data tapes be readable by the AIX system with the STK9730
attached?

3) Will the data be restoreable from the new ADSM server running on AIX?

4) If I then decide to change from STK9730(DLT) to MagStar 3575(3570). Can I
simply move the data to new pools on the MagStar?

Sounds as though it should be simple........but is it?

Thanks Guy.