ADSM-L

Problem with bad tape in the Storage pool and reclamation of Stor age Pool using a 3570.

1999-01-06 16:46:04
Subject: Problem with bad tape in the Storage pool and reclamation of Stor age Pool using a 3570.
From: David Rothwell <David.Rothwell AT COLESMYER.COM DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 08:46:04 +1100
Hi all,
We have a 3570 with only a single tape unit acting as our Storage Pool. One
of the tapes may be going a bit flaky and I would like to move the data held
on the tape to one of the other tapes so I can ensure data can be retrieved.
Unfortunately the disk pool I have is not big enough to hold all the data on
the tape.
Will ADSM move the data from the tape to the disk pool and then when the
disk pool is full load the destination tape copy the data and then repeat
the process until finished?
If this wont work I cannot see how I can remove data from this tape or run a
reclamation on the Storage Pool.

Any and all comments would be appreciated

Regards

David Rothwell
Systems Administrator
CML DC Taras Ave

* david.rothwell AT colesmyer.com DOT au <mailto:david.rothwell AT
colesmyer.com DOT au>
or drothwell AT onaustralia.com DOT au <mailto:drothwell AT onaustralia.com DOT
au>
* (03) 9275 9205