ADSM-L

Re: Exchange Agent backup deletes

1999-01-06 08:09:56
Subject: Re: Exchange Agent backup deletes
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 08:09:56 -0500
Kelly,

Search through the archives of this list (ADSM-L) and you will find
that many of the Exchange (and SQL) Agent customers have automated
the deletion of old backups using Perl.  In fact, one generous customer
gave his sample scripts to the rest of the ADSM-L users.
(The scripts do exactly what you wanted...)
I appended the sample scripts to this list earlier this year.
If you search this list using ("hoobler") as the search item, you
will find these scripts.  You can do this via the web by going to

     http://vm.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?ADSM-L

Also, please take a look at the following Redbook available from IBM:
  "Using ADSM to Back Up and Recover MS Exchange Server" (SG24-5266).
It gives examples and also discusses these scripts.

By the way, we realize that this is not a long term solution and
we are addressing it for a future PTF of the Exchange (and SQL) Agent.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
IBM ADSM Agent Development
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

> Has anyone figured out a good way to schedule deletes for Exchange Agent

> backups?  As you know, a query is done to get the filename and then
certain

> backups are deleted using their names.  We haven't been able to figure
out