ADSM-L

Re: is reboot really required for NT client install

1999-01-06 07:26:59
Subject: Re: is reboot really required for NT client install
From: "Bushman, Christopher M" <cbushman AT AMP DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 07:26:59 -0500
Joel,

In our experiences with the 3.1.0.6 client, we have always needed to perform
a reboot after installation.  For the previous clients, we have used a
script to perform the installation or upgrade to the latest client, but for
some reason we are having difficulty with 3.1.0.6.  The problem we are
having is that when we perform a netstop of the previous version scheduler
service, the service will stop but the dsmcsvc.dll remains loaded and
requires a reboot to upgrade.

Maybe someone from ADSM Development can confirm that this was a change in
the client.

Regards,

Chris Bushman
NT Administrator