ADSM-L

question about volumes

1999-01-05 15:39:57
Subject: question about volumes
From: "Remeta, Mark" <MRemeta AT SELIGMANDATA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 15:39:57 -0500
Hello ADSMers, I have a question that I am a little confused about that
hopefully you will be able to help me with. I have a storage pool defined,
an offsite copy storage pool with a volume in it that was filled. I
accidentally relabeled the physical volume. Now to my understanding that
data is lost even though the volume is still listed as being valid with
data. If I delete the volume with the discard data=yes it is going to delete
the copies in the primary storage pool too, right? How can I get rid of the
volume from the copy storage pool without deleting the original copies in
the primary storage pool.

Thanks in advance,

Mark Remeta
Seligman Data Corp.