ADSM-L

Tape processing Delay

1998-12-31 09:55:38
Subject: Tape processing Delay
From: "Lehman, Leo" <LehmanL AT NABISCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 09:55:38 -0500
About 2 weeks ago we upgraded our ADSM server to Version 3.1.2.. We are
running
this on a RS/6000 (4.2.1) and attached to ADSM is a STK  9710  Tape Library.

Since this upgrade we are having noticeable delays whenever a tape is to be
mounted for processing.

Examples  (1)Migration from diskpool to tape pool starts at 4:00 PM. tape
does not mount until about 4:05.
                 (2)Yesterday user went to do restore, data was on tape, had
to wait about 5 minutes or more before
                     ADSM issued a mount for this tape.

Nothing has changed in our ADSM server option file or the 9710's firmware.

Thank you for your time !

Leo Lehman
Hardware and Data Storage
(717) 820-1625