ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:50:04
Your situation sounds similar to a requirement we have for one of our
applications - it needs a daily incremental with weekly kept for a month and
monthly kept for a year.
We placed all of these nodes in their own domain and set up three schedules
an incremental backup schedule to handle the daily backup and two archive
schedules to do the rest.  The archive schedules override the default
management class - one management class archive copy group is set to retain
the archive for 32days and the other is set for 366 days ("period between"
is once a week and once a month...).
You may be able to use a similar setup.

        -----Original Message-----
        From:   Tom Smith [SMTP:tom1014 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM]
        Sent:   Wednesday, December 23, 1998 10:34 AM
        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

        Hi,

        does anybody know a workable solution for the following demand on
        policies my management agreed on with our customers:

        We want a daily incremental backup,
         once a month a full backup, which should be kept for 1 year
          once a year one of these month-backups should be kept for 15
years.

        (looks a lot like the son-father-grandfather principle)

        My site is looking at about 500Gb backed up data, which will be
        2 Terabytes next year.
        Our adsm server runs on aix, with a 3494 robot (3 3590 drives)

        Thanks , and happy holidays, Tom