ADSM-L

Re: Volume assignment for recovery plan files under OS/390

1998-12-22 10:10:40
Subject: Re: Volume assignment for recovery plan files under OS/390
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 10:10:40 -0500
In <H000132101d99221@MHS>, on 12/21/98
   at 02:50 PM, Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU> said:

>My site is in the process of installing an ADSM server under OS/390. We are
>planning to use the Disaster Recovery Manager feature. We would like to
>have the recovery plan files written to the disk which gets restored first
>in the course of carrying out our disaster recovery plan. So far, I have
>been unable to figure out how to control (or even predict) which volume
>disaster recovery plan files will be written on. Does anyone know where I
>can find this information?

Don't keep searching for something that isn't there and shouldn't be.
Placement of the files on volumes is a decision for os/390 and dfsms.
Consult with your mvs storage managers about ACS routines to control
placement.  But this may not be necessary either.  Inquire about including
your files in an ABARS run.  Also, find out when DFHSM will be active at the
disaster site. If you get your drm files backed up by dfhsm, you can restore
them from the dfhsm backup tapes.

In a well run os/390 system, you shouldn't have to worry about volumes. --
Bill Colwell
Bill Colwell
C. S. Draper Lab
Cambridge, Ma.