ADSM-L

Re: 3570 Tapes

1998-12-22 07:53:04
Subject: Re: 3570 Tapes
From: "Cohn, Grant" <Grant.Cohn AT SAPREF DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 14:53:04 +0200
Mathew

I have no idea if it has anything to do with the age of the tapes, but I am
seeing more & more of our tapes showing Lost VCR data.
I would be keen to know how this happens from one day when all seems ok to
the next day when we have problems.

A move data usually fixes things - but upto 4 or so hours are needed for a
'bad' tape sometimes.

Grant Cohn

Shell & BP South African Petroleum Refineries
Durban, South Africa.
Tel     :   (+27)  (0)31 - 480 1610
Cel     :   (+27)  (0)83 254 4012
e-mail :   grant .cohn AT sapref DOT com