ADSM-L

Re: ADSM V3 on NT: Application Error

1998-12-19 14:26:29
Subject: Re: ADSM V3 on NT: Application Error
From: Leonard Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 14:26:29 EST
In article <C12566DF.0059B109.00 AT silicon.resnova DOT de>, Michael Abel
<Michael.Abel AT RESNOVA DOT DE> says:

>Hi ADSMers!
>
>Running ADSM Server V3 on NT we experience from time to time the error
>
>"The instruction at "0x10255333" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The
>memory could not be "read".
>
>displayed by Windows NT as a dialog box with the title "dsmsvc.exe -
>Application Error". I don't get any further information in the activity log
>so I just can suppose that this error is related to a space reclamation
>process and tape access starting at thins momement.
>
>Any ideas howto fix it?
>
>Mit freundlichem Gruss/Best Regards

This is a instruction using a bad memory address.
I suspect that you ran out of virtual memory on nt and adsm did not
handle correctly not being able to increase its virtual memory use.

You might try increasing your virtual memory. Control Panel-->
System--> Performance--> Virutal Memory

IBM could also tell us if we get these problems what diag info
would be usefull to them to find and repair the bad code.
So when it happens we could gather it and send on to the support
center.