ADSM-L

Re: ADSM tape portability

1998-12-19 11:28:43
Subject: Re: ADSM tape portability
From: Ray Pratts <pratts AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 10:28:43 -0600
Thomas,

A disaster recovery drill is difficult enough on like systems.  It is
not ADSM that is actually doing the write to the tape it is the OS.  I
would be very surprised if these two operating systems write to the
tapes in the same way.  There are may platforms that can use the same
media, for example the 3590 can be used by AIX, MVS and OS/400.
However, I'll bet that an MVS written tape would be useless to AIX.

--
Ray Pratts              Pinnacle Computer Solutions Corp.
Ray Pratts              Pinnacle Computer Solutions Corp.