ADSM-L

Re: Dumb following of symlinks

1998-12-19 11:28:26
Subject: Re: Dumb following of symlinks
From: Bruce Elrick <belrick AT HOME DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 09:28:26 -0700
Robert,

See my message 'Archive and symbolic links', plus previous threads months ago.
believe development is aware of the issue, but I think we need to put public
pressure to change this behaviour (introduce an option -symlinkaslink for
archives).

You may also find that loops in links give problems too, since ADSM will happily
decend endlessly.

Cheers...
Bruce