ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:50:04
Sorry if this has already been covered before ....

Is there ANY way to stop an archive operation following symbolic links and
thereby end up storing
the file that they point to? We're using the AIX and Solaris 2.4/2.6 clients
with an AIX server node.

If it can't be done, may this user very humbly suggest that we see such a
capability *real soon*. The last
archive I took of the '/' area of one of our Sun boxes (total occupied
filespace 15MB) took 5GB to store
because the silly program had followed all the links (of which there were many
alas).

Over to you IBM gurus .....

Bob Cross, Systems Programmer, Scottish & Newcastle plc
Disclaimer: any intemperate opinions or abusive language is my responsibility,
not my employers.

P.S. while we're on the subject of archive, being able to take an include or
exclude list of files would be
nice. Apart from these niggles I really quite like ADSM.

--Boundary_(ID_Esp/xQVaL8RixwwKHPrEnQ)--