ADSM-L

Re: DTELM

1998-12-16 15:27:06
Subject: Re: DTELM
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 15:27:06 -0500
Check the archives of this list (at www.adsm.org) for last week.
There were several emails from Tom Kauffman.
From his description, it appears there may be problems converting from the
OpenMic AIX DLT drivers to the IBM DLT device drivers.

We (as well as Tom) are also planning to convert from ADSM AIX V2 with
Enhanced Server (the OpenMic product that was predecessor to DTELM) and
ACSLS 5.1.1 with STK9710's, up to ADSM V3.
I am still trying to decide how to do it.

With the IBM support, you can run the 9710 either with or without ACSLS.
I have heard of open problems with both methods.

First question is, do you intend to keep ACSLS or run without it?

Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert