ADSM-L

Problems starting client scheduler on AIX

1998-12-16 09:06:38
Subject: Problems starting client scheduler on AIX
From: "Grendelman M. (Martijn)" <Martijn.Grendelman AT NL.FORTIS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 15:06:38 +0100
Hi,

When I try to start the client scheduler by issuing

     $ nohup dsmc sched 2>/dev/null &

on an AIX machine, I sometimes get the following behaviour: after a couple
of seconds, the process stops:

     [1] + Stopped (SIGTTOU)        nohup dsmc sched 2>/dev/null &

and it won't let me exit my shell without killing the process. Issuing

     bg ; exit

works, but the scheduler doesn´t seem to accept any commands from the
central scheduler.

I have had this problem on AIX 4.1.5 (with the proper client) and on AIX
4.3.1 (with the 4.2 client code). Has anyone experienced the same problems?

Thanx,
Martijn.

P.S. SIGTTOU means a "background write attempted from control terminal", but
that's as far as my knowledge goes. Maybe some AIX wizard can tell me what
that means in plain English? ;-)