ADSM-L

Question on EBU backup using multiple nodename

1998-12-16 07:24:41
Subject: Question on EBU backup using multiple nodename
From: Eric Tang <tangeric AT HK1.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 20:24:41 +0800
Hi,

In my environment, data is backup from client to ADSM disk pool then
migrate to tape with collocation. In consideration of client restore, to
improve performance, it will be better to have data reading from more tapes
in parallel, Thus, to prevent every backup files go into one node thus one
tape, I am thinking of using more than one nodename for the EBU backup.

Question: Is it the right approach, if so how to do the coding? Should I
split the EBU backup script into several each take care a number of
datafiles/tablespaces; and for each script export a different DSMO_NODE and
run them concurrently for backup & restore.  Thank you.

Regards,
Eric Tang