ADSM-L

Re: Platter in Jukebox but q vol doesn't see it...

1998-12-14 14:54:53
Subject: Re: Platter in Jukebox but q vol doesn't see it...
From: Nick Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 14:54:53 -0500
John,

It looks like the volume is not defined to a storage pool.  The VOLHIST
entry seems to back that up.  Without being defined to a storage pool, you
can't do the Q VOL against the volume name.  Since it does show up in the Q
LIBVOL command, ADSM sees it there in the library, so it's OK from that
point of view.  I get the same response for my optical volumes that aren't
in a storage pool (3995-C68 library, ADSM 3.1.1.5 on AIX 4.2.1).  If you
want the volume in a storage pool, "DEFINE VOL stgpoolname volname" will do
the trick.

Nick Cassimatis
nickpc AT us.ibm DOT com

If you don't have the time to do it right the first time, where will you
find the time to do it again?