ADSM-L

DR & Damaged Cassette

1998-12-11 02:58:44
Subject: DR & Damaged Cassette
From: "Mauro M. TINELLI" <Mauro.TINELLI AT ST DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 08:58:44 +0100
Hi,

I am running ADSM V.3 with Disaster Recovery feature on a NSM-3466 with
3575 Library. Everything fine so far, but it happens at times that due to
problems (excessive errors while reading) some cassettes are made
'unavailable' and I have to 'audit volume' and then 'move data'.

Unfortunately some of the data cannot be moved and a 'q content' shows
them still on the cassette.

Now, in order to free the cassettes I can give a 'del volume <name>
discarddata=yes' losing also the references on the DR copypool.

The question is:
How can I restore those 'damaged' files? IBM says that I have to keep
also a 'LOCAL copypool' and this means three copy of everything! Isn't it
a bit too much? I have already a copy of all my data in the DR copypool!

Thank you

Mauro