ADSM-L

Re: Additional Drive Definitions within 3494

1998-12-10 16:19:06
Subject: Re: Additional Drive Definitions within 3494
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 16:19:06 -0500
On Thu, 10 Dec 1998, Robert  Bunt wrote:
> Once installed, I could have up to six mount requests (as seen through the
>
>      I have defined all of the drives and made them all available.  I have
> changed the number of migration processes to match the total number of
> drives.  Am I expecting too much or should I be seeing multiple tape
> mounts above 2 at any one time?
Hi Bob,

     Check your mountlimit setting on the devclass.  You could set it to
DRIVES, or 6.  With DRIVES, you could vary one offline, and not have ADSM
keep trying to use it.

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,