ADSM-L

Additional Drive Definitions within 3494

1998-12-10 14:49:00
Subject: Additional Drive Definitions within 3494
From: Robert Bunt <rmbunt AT NYSEG DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 14:49:00 -0500
     I have had the opportunity to acquire one additional drive frame and
four 3590 drives to add to the 3494 - two drive configuration that we have.
Once installed, I could have up to six mount requests (as seen through the
Q Process  command)  except that only two drives had mounts at any one
time.

     I have defined all of the drives and made them all available.  I have
changed the number of migration processes to match the total number of
drives.  Am I expecting too much or should I be seeing multiple tape
mounts above 2 at any one time?

     This is AIX 4.2.1 and ADSM 3.1.

                              Bob Bunt
                              rmbunt AT nyseg DOT com