ADSM-L

Server scripts

1998-12-10 10:59:50
Subject: Server scripts
From: Roger Hohmann <Roger_Hohmann AT WESTLB DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 16:59:50 +0100
Hi adsm'ers,

while testing adsm server scripts, I noticed some problems.. (ADSM
3.1.2.0 on OS/390 1.3)

1) I can't update running scripts: When I want to update a running
script, my session hangs. I can't reconnect. But I can't see my script
is running (using another admin), I just see the child processes. If I
should not update the script, I prefer to fail and have an error msg.

2) Commands with wait=y have not more than 1 process:
        I tried to implement following:
        1. Database backup local+remote
        2. Copy storagepool
        3. Database backup local+remote
        4. expire inventory
        5. Reduce reclamation threshold to start reclamation
        But I just have 1 copy process for storagepools. So my copy proc will
need some days.
        Another solution could be to wait some hours and look if proc has
ended. But there is no "wait" cmd.

Maybe I did wrong, but maybe not...

Regards

Roger Hohmann