ADSM-L

Re: 2nd time: How to rebound backups of deleted files to another MGMTCLAS?

1998-12-10 10:13:17
Subject: Re: 2nd time: How to rebound backups of deleted files to another MGMTCLAS?
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 10:13:17 -0500
In <001801be2446$8a8a6970$fc0a10ac AT w0104373.aslk-cger DOT be>, on 12/10/98
   at 03:07 PM, Francis Maes <fr.maes AT CGER DOT BE> said:

> [...]

To change the mgmtclas in the server, the file must still be on the client.
I suggest you add steps to your directory move process.

After you know the move is OK, rewrite all the old files to make them just
stubs with very small content.  Zip up all the stubs and directories, then
delete the old directories and stubs.  When you want to change the mgmtclas
restore the directories and stubs to the same path.  Edit the dsm.opt file
to add

include <path>\...\*  NEW-MGMTCLAS

Run an incremental on this path, I assume you have a v3 client. This will
cause the rebind to happen and you won't backup too much. Now delete
everything from the client again and do another incremental.

You can use sql selects to do a before and after check.

Hope this helps,
Bill Colwell
Bill Colwell
C. S. Draper Lab