ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:50:03
We are currently testing ON-Bar for Informix on our development system.

We plan on running a full database backup once a week with incremental
backups done nightly. Between each incremental backup we want to do
automatic log file backups.  We run our backup from diskpool to copypool in
the early morning and start migration from diskpool to tapepool about
9:30AM. Our question is how to handle log file backups that occur after the
Copypool backups have completed and prior to the completion of the migration
to tapepool?  This would result in the log file not being copied to the
copypool for disaster recovery. We want to make sure the data that is on the
Copypool is identical to the data on the Tapepool so that database recovery
will function properly in the event of a disaster.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

        Thanks

        Tom Berning
        Senco Products, Inc.