ADSM-L

MS SQL Agent.

1998-12-08 11:39:03
Subject: MS SQL Agent.
From: Scott Elliott <selliott AT AMSOUTH DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 10:39:03 -0600
I am about to implement this on a server and was wondering whether I should
use the Adsm scheduler to do backups or use the SQL Enterprise Manager and
excute commands based on certain events?  I am leaning towards using the
SQL Manager but wondered if any of you out there had run across any
problems.

Also the redbook on the agent is not the best.  I am going to schedule a
nightly full backup and setup an incremental to back up the logs during the
day based on when they hit a certain percentage.  I will use the command
line parameter /BACKUPINCR to the log file backup.  My question  is will
that just get the transaction logs or both database and transaction logs
and should I use the /TRUNCAFTER switch?

Also if anyone has any glitches I may need to know about I would appreciate
it.