ADSM-L

Re: Problem with Client Option Sets, Win95

1998-12-08 07:22:28
Subject: Re: Problem with Client Option Sets, Win95
From: "Lambelet,Rene,VEVEY,FC-SIL/INF." <Rene.Lambelet AT NESTLE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 13:22:28 +0100
Hello, here is our option set for Win95 portable PC's. We only accept backup
of C:\DATA.

In your case you would accept C:\WINDOWS\RECENT only.

**********
Option Set - Properties
-----------------------
Option Set Name                          : OPTSET_WIN95
Option Set Name                          : OPTSET_WIN95
Description                              : Options stations Win95
Last updated by                          : RLAMBEL
Option Sets
-----------
Option Name       Seq. Number  Overridable  Option Value
Option Name       Seq. Number  Overridable  Option Value
CHANGINGRETRIES   0            No           2
CHANGINGRETRIES   0            No           2
DOMAIN            0            No           c:
INCLEXCL          0            No           Exclude ?:\...\*
INCLEXCL          1            No           Include C:\Data\...\*
<-----  C:\Windows\recent\...\*
INCLEXCL          2            No           Include C:\Windows\Outlprnt
INCLEXCL          3            No           Include C:\Windows\*.fav
INCLEXCL          4            No           Include C:\Windows\*.pcb
INCLEXCL          5            No           Include C:\Windows\*.xlb
INCLEXCL          6            No           Include C:\Windows\metzpho.ini
QUERYSCHEDPERIOD  0            No           6
SCROLLPROMPT      0            No           yes
TXNBYTELIMIT      0            No           25600
VERBOSE           0            No           yes
**********
N.B. we use special options in dsm.opt to avoid backup of network and
removable data.

Our dsm.opt:

**********
* IBM Adstar Distributed Storage Manager
* dsm.opt for 32-Bit Windows backup/archive Client - V3L1R0.6
* ver: 2.11.98

Exclude "*:\...\EA DATA. SF"
Exclude *:\...\pagefile.sys
Exclude *:\IBMBIO.COM
Exclude *:\IBMDOS.COM
Exclude *:\MSDOS.SYS
Exclude *:\IO.SYS
Exclude *:\...\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\*.*
Exclude *:\...\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\...\*
Exclude.dir '?:\...\Temporary Internet Files'
Exclude.dir '?:\...\Temp'
Exclude.dir 'C:\Central'
Exclude.dir 'C:\Dosappl'
Exclude.dir 'C:\Novell'
Exclude.dir 'C:\Program Files'
Exclude.dir 'C:\Symantec'
Exclude.dir 'C:\Tools'
Exclude.dir 'C:\Win16app'
Exclude.dir 'C:\Win32app'

backupregistry no

tcpserveraddress xxxxxxx
tcpport nnnnn

passwordaccess generate
useunicodefilenames no

language ameng
errorlogretention 5
schedlogretention 5

* removable and network drives excluded from backup (non-official)
 Test ExcludeNetworkFS,  ExcludeRemovableFS

I hope this helps...

Rene Lambelet
Nestec SA - 55, Av. Nestle - CH-1800 Vevey
Tel: ++41'21'924'35'43 / Fax: ++41'21'924'45'89
E-Mail: rene.lambelet AT nestle DOT com