ADSM-L

multiple jukebox configuration

1998-12-07 17:17:20
Subject: multiple jukebox configuration
From: Lester Buck <buck AT CLEARLAKE.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 16:17:20 -0600
We are integrating 3995 optical library jukeboxes into a larger
system.  The requirements exceed the size of one library, so we have
two on a single machine.  We want to have a single archive storage pool
managed by ADSM that merges both libraries into one unit.  This does
not appear to be possible, but maybe we are missing something.  (The
DEFINE DEVCLASS command takes one library parameter.) The customer, of
course, will wonder why there is no activity on the second jukebox for
the first 1.5 years the system is in operation...

Is there some way to have ADSM see two jukeboxes as one storage pool?
If not, what kind of workarounds do others use?

Thanks alot!

Lester
--
A. Lester Buck