ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:50:03
I'm having a REAL problem getting to ADSM version 3 -- any suggestions
greatly appreciated!

We're currently running ADSM V2.1.5.13 ('enhanced') on AIX 4.2.1 with
Storage Tek's ACSLS version 5.1 and an STK 9710.

I have been trying to go to ADSM version 3.1.x *without* the STK
software. ADSM installs clean, can find the STK library -- but can't
read the current tapes. The most recent 'fix' was to install the latest
version of the 'enhanced' ADSM and migrate from there. This doesn't look
like it will work either.

I have no problem with a mixed definition for a short time period - the
vast bulk of my data is in archive format that ages off over either 8 or
21 days - but I've *got* to be able to read it until it goes away. The
600 GB of incremental data can be copied as time permits.

I'm finally in a position to try things out in a test environment, and
will be re-opening a trouble call with IBM tomorrow - but if there are
any ideas here, I'd appreciate them.

Tom Kauffman
Sr. Technical Analyst
NIBCO, Inc.