ADSM-L

ADSM Connect agent for Exchange

1998-12-07 15:43:48
Subject: ADSM Connect agent for Exchange
From: Rick Kunzler <rkunzler AT NATR DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 13:43:48 -0700
Just a quick question.  We are implementing MS Exchange and are trying
to determine what is the best way to back it up.  My understanding of
the ADSM Connect agent for Exchange is that it will let you backup and
restore the entire database, but you cannot restore individual users,
messages, tasks, appointments, & etc.   The only way to accomplish this
is by restoring the Exchange server to another server to get the
individual items.  Is this a correct understanding?
        How are the rest of you backing up Exchange?  Is there another
product that is better suited to this?  Do you even backup e-mail?
Thanks for the help.