ADSM-L

Problem restoring Netware 3.12.files

1998-12-07 15:07:32
Subject: Problem restoring Netware 3.12.files
From: Roger N Dick <roger.n.dick AT JPL.NASA DOT GOV>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 12:07:32 -0800
Hi all,

I have a user  that requested a restore of a file on a Netware 3.12 sever.
Running V2 R1 LVL 0.6g

The file name was DATA:\62SERVER\SRO\CLOSEOUT\CLOSEOUT DATA.MBD. I could not
find the file when trying to restore using RESTORE
DATA:\62SERVER\SRO\CLOSEOUT\CLOSEOUT DATA.MBD -PICK -INA -SU=YES. I then
tried  RESTORE DATA:\62SERVER\SRO\CLOSEOUT\* -PICK -INA -SU=YES. The file
was not in the pick list, but after looking closer I saw a file named
DATA:\62SERVER\SRO\CLOSEOUT\CLOSEOU0.MBD. This appears to be the file but it
was only backed once in April,98.
This file changes daily on the Netware server, but ADSM did not back it up.
Is there a problem with the long file name (CLOSEOUT DATA.MBD) it appears
ADSM truncated the name to CLOSEOU0.MDB.
Can somebody please explain??

Thanks Roger Dick
ADSM Admin
JPL