ADSM-L

Re: TCP/IP 'twixt NetWare 4.11 and AIX ADSM server

1998-12-07 13:52:35
Subject: Re: TCP/IP 'twixt NetWare 4.11 and AIX ADSM server
From: Gerry Hibbs <HIBBSGW AT FIRSTTRUST DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 11:52:35 -0700
Thanks.  I tried applying the TCPIP patch alone, then service pack 6.

>>> Frank Ramke <ramke AT US.IBM DOT COM> 12/07 10:20 AM >>>
Gerry Hibbs <HIBBSGW AT FIRSTTRUST DOT COM> on 12/07/98 11:12:22 AM

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:    (bcc: Frank Ramke/San Jose/IBM)

60 and 32 are generic return codes from the NetWare implementation
of the BSD socket send function.

From the Novell NetWare SDK NLM errno.h:

#define ETIMEDOUT        60 /* connection timed out     */
#define EPIPE            32 /* broken pipe         */

Have you applied the Novell recommended patches for 4.11? I believe there
may be a TCPIP patch.

Regards,
Frank Ramke

Dear TJ,

Both the AIX ADSM server and the NetWare client are on the FDDI ring--no
routers.  In fact, the NetWare clients that are on ethernet and have to
traverse a switch have no problem.

I am still wondering what the ADSM error messages mean.

>>> Tjeerd Saijoen <tsaijoen AT RISCMAN DOT COM> 12/05 4:31 AM >>>
Gerry,

If you can not ping during your session lost, that sound like a network
problem and not a ADSM problem. Recommend to track down your network
connections and check if you have any routers between the client and the
server is yes look to the routers log file.

Regards Tj
Riscmanagament