ADSM-L

Re: TIVOLI takes over?

1998-12-04 09:02:04
Subject: Re: TIVOLI takes over?
From: buser andreas <andreas.buser AT BASLER DOT CH>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 09:02:04 -0500
Me too, I see this announcement very sceptical.

TIVOLI until now has not proved to be an competitive STORAGE-Software
Vendor.
STORAGE ist not their main bussiness and thei have no experience in
really managing it.

IBM has Years of experience in managing STORAGE with HW and SW.

It seems that it is "a la mode" (in vogue) to do something in Storage
and to integrate it in Systems Management, maybe because this is one of
the oldest components which already works, thanks to people having a lot
of experience in this bussines (and also already doing some sort of
Systems Managment).

For me its a sad announcement for ADSM and it probally will loose its
good flavor.

Poor ADSM

Kind Regards
Andreas Buser

Tel:  ++41 61 285 73 21    Fax: ++41 61 285 70 70

Email: Andreas.Buser AT Basler DOT ch

Address:
Basler Versicherungsgesellschaft
Andreas Buser