ADSM-L

PreSchedule Problem

1998-12-03 17:00:34
Subject: PreSchedule Problem
From: Ronnie Ignacio <rigna1 AT JCPENNEY DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 17:00:34 -0500
Hi,
Will someone tell me what I'm doing wrong. I am trying to set up a backup where
I shuts the Oracle database
first. After the DB shuts down, I then start the backup; then starts the
database again when backup is done.
I included the following entries in the client dsm.sys
   PRESCHEDULECMD   /usr/local/bin/StopApps.sh
   POSTSCHEDULECMD /usr/local/bin/StartApps.sh
The StopApps.sh and StartApps.sh are scripts that stops and starts the database.
When I starts the backup I notice that ADSM executes the scripts but ADSM
started the backup while the StopApps.sh
is shutting down the Oracle.I tried to put a sleep 300 command in the script
but to no avail. My client is version 3.1.0.0
and the server is 3.1.1.5. My platform is RS6000/AIX 4.2.1.

Regards,
Ron