ADSM-L

DEC libraries and ADSM V3.1 for Solaris

1998-12-01 03:46:48
Subject: DEC libraries and ADSM V3.1 for Solaris
From: malkit <malkit AT UDI.CO DOT IL>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 10:46:48 +0200
Hello !

Does any of you work with DEC TL894 libraries ?

One of my customers is running ADSM v3.1.2 on solaris, with TL894
library . The library contains 4 DEC TZ89 tape drives (35/70G). We keep
getting I/O error during 'dsmlabel' command and during 'label libv' we
get "incompatible media" error.

We were able to label the volume on TZ88 drive (20/40G), and we could
read the label on the TZ89.
We were also able to label the volume on TZ89 after removing the
compress option or working in 20/40G mode.

Does any of you ever get into this kind os situation ?

--
Regards
Regards

Malkit Hayun , UDI