ADSM-L

From automated to manual

1998-11-26 11:02:53
Subject: From automated to manual
From: Hadailton Carvalho <hadailton AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 16:02:53 BDB
Dear ADSMers,

I have an ADSM server 2 and just one tape drive (3590-B11).

The 3590-B11 supports several kinds of operation: random, manual,
automatic, etc.

Since the installation date (about 10 months ago), I am using this
unit as an automated library with 10 cartridges.

But now, 10 cartridges aren't enough to store all data from my
nodes, so I intend to change the operation mode to manual in
order to turn easier the mount operation (without checkout-
checkin).

How can I change a library from automated to manual without
losing the data that are in the cartridges ?

Thanks for any help.

Hadailton Carvalho.
Brazil.