ADSM-L

Checking management class for backed up entities

1998-11-25 15:55:16
Subject: Checking management class for backed up entities
From: Peter Gathercole <peter.gathercole AT VIRGIN DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 20:55:16 +0000
Hi,

First, thanks to everybody who responded to my request about
SQL*Backtrack a few weeks back. The information was most useful.

Now, on to the follow on question.

Having re-bound the data to a new management class, is there a
non-destructive way to prove that the SQL*Backtrack backups are being
managed in the new management class. I am a little unsure about whether
the rebind was sucessful, and the only way that I can think of checking
is to change the retention period so that somthing is deleted. As I am
trying to preserve data, not destroy it, this is a little drastic.

I'm sure that I must be overlooking somthing, but I cannot see anything
in the docs that suggest a way of doing this.

My client is still running ADSM 2.1.5.18 on an AIX 4.2.1 server, and in
this case is running SQL*Backtrack 3.0.3 (I think) on Digital Unix 4.0B

Thanks,

Peter Gathercole
Open Systems Consultant