ADSM-L

Re[2]: WIN 95 ADSM GUI Question

1998-11-24 14:05:24
Subject: Re[2]: WIN 95 ADSM GUI Question
From: Rejean Larivee <rlarivee AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 15:05:24 -0400
Hello,
I am resending this message as I did not get
a reply stating the message was delivered.

Rejean Larivee
Rejean Larivee
IBM ADSM Level 2 Support

---------------------- Forwarded by Rejean Larivee/Quebec/IBM on 11/24/98
03:04 PM ---------------------------
03:04 PM ---------------------------

Rejean Larivee
11/24/98 10:30 AM

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:
From: Rejean Larivee/Quebec/IBM @ IBMCA

Hello,
you guessed right. The ADSM admin GUI "properties"
are stored on the client machine, not on the adsm server.
These are stored in the registry under.
HKEY_USERS\.Default\Software\IBM\ADSM\CurrentVersion\AdminClient\xxx
where xxx is the ADSM server name.

Since you mentionned you change the include options
for the activity log in the GUI, you would be interested in
the following "value names" :
  alog_fdate     (activity log-from date, aka begindate)
  alog_tdate     (activity log-to date, aka enddate)
  alog_ftime      (activity log-from time, aka begintime)
  alog_ttime      (activity log-to time, aka endtime)

Suppose you changed the begindate and begintime for
the activity log query via the "view/include" menu pull-down to :
   10/24/1998 at 8:58.
then the alog_fdate and alog_ftime "values" would be set
as follow in the registry :
  alog_fdate  10/24/1998
  alog_ftime   08:58
These values would be set as soon as you hit the "INCLUDE"
 or "APPLY" button from  the "Activity Log - Include" window.
Now, if you had let the operation complete normally and if you
had close the GUI "normally", the alog_fdate and alog_ftime
would have been reset to "*". But because, you cancelled the
GUI, the values were not reset and therefore when you clicked
on the "activity log" icon, the alog_fdate an alog_ftime were
pulled from the registry.
Now, you "coud" and I am certainly not saying you "should"
edit the registry and update the values manually before
restarting the ADSM GUI. All you need to do is reset the
values back to "*" for alog_fdate and alog_ftime. The next
time you would start the GUI and click on the "activity log" icon,
it would default to displaying the last hour of activity log.
Again, I do not recommend you edit the registry because
of risk of corruption in the registry. However, if you feel
comfortable with this, the procedure will work.

Good day !

Rejean Larivee
Rejean Larivee
IBM ADSM Level 2 Support

---------------------- Forwarded by Rejean Larivee/Quebec/IBM on 11/24/98

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 11/23/98 05:58:09 PM