ADSM-L

non-AIX V3 client w/ AFS

1998-11-24 12:03:59
Subject: non-AIX V3 client w/ AFS
From: "J. O'Neall" <oneall AT IN2P3 DOT FR>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 18:03:59 +0100
I know there are other folks out there who use AFS and ADSM.  Do you use it
on non-AIX systems?  We have been for years.  But from version 3 on, it
doesn't properly take into account virual mount points any more on them.
IBM has opened an APAR, but doesn't seem to think a fix is imminent.  In the
meantime, support for version 2 has ended.

I'd like to know if anyone else thinks a fix to this bug is as important as
we do.  In our case, it's not for backups (which we do on AIX), but for
archiving, which users may do on anything, in our case, on HP, Sun or
Digital/Compaq.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

John O'Neall
Centre de Calcul de l'IN2P3