ADSM-L

perl & administrative client

1998-11-24 10:42:31
Subject: perl & administrative client
From: "J. O'Neall" <oneall AT IN2P3 DOT FR>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 16:42:31 +0100
HELP,please --

We have a (whole) bunch of perl scripts to control our ADSM operations,
migrations, DRM, etc. via the dsmadmc command.  We DEPEND on them.
Everything worked fine until we upgraded the administrative client from
3.1.0.3 to 3.1.0.5.  Now a command like "q db f=d", instead of returning the
lines of output to perl, returns them as columns.  I.e.,

  a b c d e
  f g h i j
  k l m n o
  p q r s t

comes out looking like

  a f k p
  b g l q
  c h m r
  d i n s
  e j o t

or at least that seems to be the case.  Anyone else see this problem?  We
NEED help on this thing.  Hope it's something trivial I've missed.

John O'Neall
Centre de Calcul de l'IN2P3
Villeurbanne, France