ADSM-L

Re: Why are tape mounts being requested?

1998-11-23 13:21:29
Subject: Re: Why are tape mounts being requested?
From: Leonard Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 13:21:29 EST
In article <19981120.121016.800073.NETNEWS AT VM.SAS DOT COM>, "Nichols, Linnea"
<linnea.nichols AT CO.FAIRFAX.VA DOT US> says:

>I'm pulling my hair out over this one and hope someone can help.
>I am getting tape mounts at night while clients are backing up and
>
>From doing a "q content" and "q vol" on the tapes, it looks like the
>backups from some of my clients are going directly to my tape
>pool, and NOT to my DASD pool, but for the life of me, I can't
>figure out why!!
>

>Linnea Nichols
>
>Fairfax Co. Govt, Fairfax, VA    Linnea.Nichols AT co.fairfax.va DOT us
>Phone:703/324-2708                FAX: 703/324-3931

Hello Linnea

Do you have any clients that are using the api interface to store data
to this stg   pool. I believe that at times, it is reported that some
of the api clients report the wrong estimated size to the adsm server.
If this size is greater then that left on the storgae pool then one
could get this.

Have you thought about turning caching off for a night and then doing
the move data command again to see if this fixes the problem.

My guess would be a bug in a client or in the cache handling code.

Good luck len
Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
SAS Institute Inc.                          ussas4hs@ibmmail
Room E206                                   (919) 677-8000 ext 6241
203 SAS Campus Drive
Cary NC 27513