ADSM-L

Re: A question about migration

1998-11-20 12:48:49
Subject: Re: A question about migration
From: Joel Fuhrman <joelf AT CAC.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 09:48:49 -0800
Yes, you can mirror; but its not required.
You can define 2 Administrative Schedules to control the migration.  One
to reduce the hi value and the second to restore it.

For example I have a Admin schedule named std_migstart with the command
  "upd stg backuppool hi=1 lo=0 migpr=2".
and the second Admin schedule named std_migstop with the command
  "upd stg backuppool hi=70 lo=50 migpr=1"

If you were not migrating your disk pool in order to keep files on disk for
quick recovery, you can still accomplish this by Updating your disk storage
pool to include the option CAChe=Yes.

You should create a copy pool, to prevent the loss of data due to a tape
failure.