ADSM-L

Re: A question about migration

1998-11-20 10:18:44
Subject: Re: A question about migration
From: Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT TCE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 10:18:44 -0500
If you haven't begun using copypools yet, then if the disk goes bad you've
lost your backups.  However, this is the same as if you did migrate it all
to tape and then the tape goes bad is unreadable.  The backups are gone.
The best thing to do is to backup all your local storage pools (disk & tape)
to copypools, or at least the ones that contain backups you don't want to
lose.

At my shop, I've never had the disk my storage pools use go bad.  I have had
tapes go bad and had to restore them from the copypool.

Tina