ADSM-L

ADSM documentation

1998-11-20 08:12:37
Subject: ADSM documentation
From: Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT TCE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 08:12:37 -0500
We have ADSM server and clients on the AIX platform.  When we were on
version 2, I had received a CD Rom of most of the AIX manuals (including
ADSM) in BookManager format (for Windows).  I copied that to disk on an NT
file server where I had all the mainframe BookManager files, and all of us
in Information Systems use Library Reader for Windows to look at the manuals
this way.

Well, they quit shipping the AIX CD in BookManager format.  I have the
hardcopy and know where the manuals are on the internet, but I no longer can
search the manuals to find information like I used to.  Is there a search
function in the PDF or HTML books on the internet?  If there is one, I
overlooked it.  Our AIX sysadmin staff has never had much luck getting the
manuals to work from AIX (since they want to load it in one place and have
all our RS6000 boxes share it).  Also, my AIX skills are not all that great.
I can use vi enough to get by, and I can code basic korn shell scripts, but
that's about it.

What does everyone else do?