ADSM-L

Betr: DSM.OPT on Netware???

1998-11-20 06:03:36
Subject: Betr: DSM.OPT on Netware???
From: Walter Ridderhof <Walter.Ridderhof AT MAIL.ING DOT NL>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 11:03:36 +0000
     Matthew,

     try this one for size,

        I would also take a serious look into setting up a DIRMC for the Novell
        client, setting up a seperate storage pool for the directory entries
        doesn't seem to be an overkill where it concerns Novell.

     regards, groeten W. Ridderhof

*
* client options file for ADSM Novell NetWare client
*

*  Setting Options for the TCP/IP Communication Method
COMMMETHOD               TCPip
    TCPSERVERADDRESS     a.dns.host.name
    TCPPORT              1500
    TCPBUFFSIZE          31
    TCPWINDOWSIZE        48
    TXNBYTELIMIT         25600

* release of processor time will occur every tenth of a second (recommended for
* Pentiums >100)
PROCESSORUTILIZATION     10

* after a communications failure we'll try reconnect after 2 minutes
COMMRESTARTDuration      2

COMMRESTARTInterval      30

* server ADSM client name
NODENAME                 NOVELL

* don't let ADSM compress, files are already compressed by Netware
COMPRESSION              OFF

* don't back up files only because thay have been comressed by Netware
NWIGNORECOMPRESSBIT      YES

* set date format to yyyy-mm-dd
DATEFORMAT               3

* make sure directory structure is stored on fast retrieve

* backup all local volumes the NDS and SERVERSPECIFIC info
DOMAIN                   DIR ALL-LOCAL

* don't include subdirectorys on restores/retrieves/selective and archive
* use the -subdir=yes from the commandline
SUBDIR                   NO

*
*  NetWare general excludes
*  ---------------------------------------------------------
EXCLUDE          sys:/system/secaudit.log
EXCLUDE          sys:/system/events.log
EXCLUDE          sys:/system/system.log
EXCLUDE          sys:/system/btrieve.trn
EXCLUDE          sys:/system/tsa/tsa$temp.*
EXCLUDE          sys:/system/sys$log.err
EXCLUDE          sys:/vol$log.err
EXCLUDE          sys:/tts$log.err
EXCLUDE          sys:/.../audit.*

* specific application excludes
EXCLUDE          sys:/system/ibmavn/virdb.dat

*  clear the ADSM screen when quitting the dsmc program.
NWWAIT NO

* store the ADSM client node password in an encrypted file
* generate a new password when password expires
PASSWORDACCESS            GENERATE

* don't use the slowincremenental algorithm to conserve memory
SLOWINCREMENTAL           NO
* new name for SLOWINCREMENTAL under V3 client
MEMORYEFFICIENT           NO

* miscellaneous
SCROLLPROMPT              YES
SCROLLLINES               20

* supply a file name for the scheduling log
SCHEDLOGNAME              SYS:/ADSM/ADSMSCHED.LOG

* specify how many days before pruning the above mentioned log file
* keep an active 7 day log, save pruned entries in the dsmsched.pru file
SCHEDLOGRETENTION         7,S

* the ADSM server will contact the client when it has a job for the client
SCHEDMODE                 PROMPTED

LANG                      AMENG