ADSM-L

Node Exports

1998-11-19 00:06:58
Subject: Node Exports
From: "Scott K. Forbes" <forbes AT TROY01.PAD.NAVP.GMEDS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 00:06:58 -0500
All:

    I am currently running ADSM v2.1.0.13 and an AIX 3.2.5 580 with 12
nodes I wish to export to tape. The system has three tape devices connected
to it: 1 2.3 GB 8mm, 1 10GB DLT2000 and 1 7331-205 SCSI library. My plans
are to export the nodes (and their filedata) to the DLT. However, I have
the following questions:

     1) Can I perform more than one export to a single tape (I know I can
export more than one node per export) through multiple export activities?

     2) If more than one export can be accomplished to a tape, will ADSM
recognize that there exists multiple exports on that that during an import?

     3) If I do not specifiy to use scratch volumes, but specify volume
labels, what will happen if one tape fills and the export operation must be
continued onto another tape? Will the export fail?

    Thanks for any help

                                                                    Scott
Forbes

Electronic Data Systems