ADSM-L

Re: howto backup to tape

1998-11-17 19:59:18
Subject: Re: howto backup to tape
From: Ray Pratts <pratts AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 18:59:18 -0600
Hon Wai,

Before you can use a tape you must first at lease define the tape drive,
the device class and the primary storage pool.  If the tape drive is in
an automated library, you must also define the library before you define
the tape drive.  Depending on the operating system and the tape device
the define commands can vary a great deal.  If I can be more help,
please let me know.

--
Ray Pratts              Pinnacle Computer Solutions Corp.
Ray Pratts              Pinnacle Computer Solutions Corp.