ADSM-L

Re: FW: howto backup to tape

1973-06-09 08:07:59
Subject: Re: FW: howto backup to tape
From: Pat Wilson <paw AT NORTHSTAR.DARTMOUTH DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 12:26:59 +22300819
IMO, it's not the "simplicity" of the question that was the
problem, it's the fact that the question is about something so
fundamental that it would seem obvious that the person who asked
it probably hadn't spent _any_ time reading the Fine manuals
(which, for all their flaws, do go into reasonable detail about
setting up such things).  The manuals are orderable, or are on
the web at either
        http://www.storage.ibm.com/software/adsm/pubs/admanual.htm
or
        http://books.adsm.org

I find this is always a problem when putting GUI interfaces on
complex systems - at least some folks will assume that since it's
readily accessible, it's straightforward, which is certainly
*not* the case with ADSM.

So, in general, if you RTFM'd and are either confused or still
without an answer (and have checked the list archives at
        http://vizlab.beckman.uiuc.edu/adsm/mail-archive/
and/or
        http://adsm.org
for anything that might be germane), ask away.

Only halfway up the learning curve,

Pat Wilson
paw AT dartmouth DOT edu