ADSM-L

Help with ADSMConnect Agent for Oracle Backup in AIX

1998-11-16 11:44:22
Subject: Help with ADSMConnect Agent for Oracle Backup in AIX
From: Thiha Than <thiha AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 11:44:22 -0500
hi,

The reason you are getting warnings is that the storage pool value that the
catalog database have and storage pool value that sbtinfo return don't match.

After each backup job finishes, EBU calls sbtinfo to get the storage pool
information where the backup files are on.  ADSM returns that storage pool
value and EBU saves it in the catalog database.  Before you execute 'ebutool
...' command, ADSM might have automatically migrated the backup files to
another storage pool;  when you issue 'ebutool ...' command, ADSM returns the
new storage pool information and it doesn't match with what EBU stores in its
catalog database.  That is why EBU is issuing the warning messages.

The restore shouldn't have any problem.  If you look at the backup files on the
ADSM server, you will see them as still active.

regards,
Thiha