ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:51:04
Hi Georges,

Only last night I saw this when I was doing an upgrade on one of our
servers. It turns out that it was a user error. In smitty I had not
selected
all of the 3.1.2.0 components to install. In fact, the only one that I
selected was 'ADSM Device Support runtime'. I ran smitty again, chose all
of
the components in the adsm.server package, and all went just fine.

What it you do an 'lslpp -l | grep -i adsm', are all of the components,
excluding the client and adsm.license.rte version 3.1.2.0?

It not, maybe all/most of your other problems are related to this.

Trevor

adsm.devices.rte

>     I installed this filesets separately as a customer suggested a few
> weeks ago.
>     It worked.
>
> 2. The "upgradedb" did not start automatically!!!
>
> 3. In the previous version I disabled 600 UserExit Events, but with the
>    upgrade I lost all of them. I had to restart the script I used to
> disable
>    the events.
>
> 4. When I started the script to disable the events (that I used a lot of
> times
>     with the version 3.1.1.0), just after the 490th sessions, ADSM
hanged.
>    The only solution was "kill -9"!! I started 3 times the script, and
> every
>    time it was the same.
>
> 5. I started the script q_scratch_stg (that comes with this new ADSM
> Version)
>      with the ADSM run command, and ADSM crashed immediately!!!!
>      I tried 2 times this command, and each time the result was the same.
>
> 6. When I wanted to restore a file in my environment with ADSM client
>    I coudn't do it because the ADSM Server upgrade modified the dsm.opt
>    file as follows:
>      "Servername  localSrv" (I had "Servername  ADSM2" before)
>      "virtualnode client" (I didn't have this parameter before)
>
>    I decided to stop the tests because I think it's wiser not to
>    upgrade my Production Environment for the moment.
>
> Best Regards
> Georges

--0__=t0eKaEhLOwd4oo7zsiUmKl4JweoRRMqbcApjxsADPMsM1xiKX4SbGFXo--