ADSM-L

Quick Restores

1998-11-12 08:22:23
Subject: Quick Restores
From: Virginia Hysock <Virginia_L_Hysock AT CSC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 08:22:23 -0500
Server - OS/390 2.4 ADSM 3.1.1.3
Client - WINNT 2.1.6 (?)

     I have a WINNT client that is attempting to restore a 15+ GB drive,
and I emphasize attempting.  My server has taken two 0C1 abends since he
started his restore at 19:00 last night.  I've had a ticket open with IBM
on the abend problem for over 2 months, but that's another story.

     Can anyone tell me a quick way to restore this size file, i.e. one
that does not have to first examine filespaces?  I know you can backup
without the examine process (by date), but can you also restore without
examining?  I'm open to any suggestions here ....

     Please respond directly to the above address (as well as the
listserv), as I am on the digested version and can't afford to wait until
tomorrow for a response.

                              TIA,

                              Ginny